PRIVACY NOTICE FOR WEBSITE USERS
Rawle Gammon and Baker Holdings Ltd (we, us, our) are committed to protecting and respecting the personal information you provide to us and what we learn about you from your visit to our website (Site).
This Notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully. By using our Site and/or registering with us, you are agreeing to the terms of this Notice.
If you have any queries regarding this notice or complaints about our use of your information please contact our nominated representative (whose contact details are set out below) and we will do our best to deal with your query or complaint as soon as possible.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Data Protection is Jenny Naylor, HR Director. Jenny can be contacted via email here (please select general enquiry and reference Jenny Naylor) via telephone on 01271 313000 or via letter sent to our Head Office.
Rawle Gammon and Baker Holdings Ltd is the Data Controller.
This Privacy Statement sets out how we will use the personal data gathered from users of our Site.
We may make changes to this statement from time to time to reflect developments in the law or in the provision of our services.
What personal data is collected and what it is used for
Data that you provide to us when using our Site such as your contact details and details about any requests for information you might make, completion of surveys, job applications, details of your visits to our Site including but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data will be held by us and used for the following reasons:
- to respond to your requests for information or provide products or services to you efficiently
- to process your job applications, credit account applications or any other applications you may make
- to assess the effectiveness and performance of our Site
- to administer and manage our communication and relationship with you
- to keep you informed of news, updates or events that you may be interested in
- to enhance and improve the way that we communicate with you
- to manage health and safety and security
- to fulfil our regulatory obligations
Some of the information we hold will have been provided by you at the time you visited our Site. Other information may be obtained during the course of our relationship with you to enable us to carry out the purposes set out above.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical (non-personal) data about a user's browsing actions and patterns.
How will my personal data be processed
Your personal data will only be processed in line with the Data Protection Principles, which are:
- Personal Data must be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Personal Data must only be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- Personal Data must be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
- Personal Data must be accurate and up to date
- Personal Data must not be kept any longer than necessary
- Personal Data must be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security
How long will you keep my personal data for
We will not keep your personal data any longer than necessary, however, for advertising and PR purposes certain information will be kept for a longer period.
We will not generally collect sensitive personal data such as information about physical or mental health from you on or via our Site, but if you do choose to share sensitive information with us (such as details about your medical health), we will treat this information appropriately.
Disclosure of information to third parties
We will never sell your personal data to third parties. We will disclose your information to third parties with which we are associated in order to perform certain functions, for example, to our website development partner in order to improve and enhance our Site.
We will also disclose information about you if we have a legal obligation to do so.
Obtaining the information we hold about you
You have a right to request access to the information we hold about you and the right to request reasonable corrections and deletion of any inaccuracies. Under the General Data Protection Regulations, we are required to respond to your request within one month. If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you, please write to Jenny Naylor, HR Director, Rawle Gammon and Baker Holdings Ltd, Gammon House, Riverside Road, Pottington Business Park, Barnstaple, EX31 1QN.
We will not charge you for responding to your request however we will ask you to provide sufficient evidence to demonstrate that you are the data subject or the data subject’s legal representative.
NOTE: Where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because they are repetitive, we may:
- Charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information; or
- Refuse to provide the information. A refusal will be accompanied by an explanation why, together with information about your right to complain to the supervisory authority and to your rights to a judicial remedy.