We aim to help charities, schools, independent businesses, community groups and organisations across our region and Surprise Supplies is our way of giving something back to everyone who has supported us.
As part of this initiative we donate £1,000 to two organisations every quarter to spend on materials at one of our branches.
At the beginning of every quarter, we invite organisations to contact us to explain what project they need materials for and how a donation will help. We then select finalists from all the nominations received and ask the public to vote for who they think deserves to be chosen. Two organisations that received the most votes are then surprised with the news they are winners.
Until March 2022 we will be asking for nominations for the following:
- May 2021 - businesses that have been closed for large parts of the past 18 months due to COVID-19
- July 2021 – heroes in the community who did something amazing during the pandemic
- October 2021 – charities that have gone above and beyond over the past 18 months to support people across our region
- January 2022 – open to any school, charity or community group that has a project which requires materials to complete
Nominations can be made by emailing RGB@pmwcom.co.uk or to RGB Community Fund, c/o PMW, PO Box 167, Bideford, Devon, EX39 9DU.
Nominations for the May 2021 Surprise Supplies donation must be received by Monday 31st May 2021. Any entries received after that date will not be counted.
Terms and conditions:
- Nominations for the July 2021 Surprise Supplies donation must be received by Saturday 31st July 2021. Any entries received after that date will not be counted.
- Nominations for the October 2021 Surprise Supplies donation must be received by Sunday 31st October 2021. Any entries received after that date will not be counted.
- Nominations for the January 2022 Surprise Supplies donation must be received by Monday 31st January 2022. Any entries received after that date will not be counted.
- The two recipients of £1,000 each to spend at an RGB branch will be the groups that receive the highest number of votes for each giveaway.
- Any votes deemed false will not be counted.
- The winning groups will be required to take part in photo calls with RGB representatives. The photos will be distributed to the media and uploaded to RGB's website and social media platforms.
- RGB Building Supplies reserves the right to award a prize to a runner-up if contact is not received from a voted winner after 10 days.
- The winners are required to be involved in follow up photo calls showing how the building materials were used.
- The prizes do not have a cash alternative.
Please take a look at our previous winners here:
- Community Fund Winners 2019-2020
- Community Fund Winners 2018-2019
- Community Fund Winners 2017-2018
- Community Fund Winners 2016-2017
- Community Fund Winners 2015-2016
- Community Fund Winners 2014-2015