Planning a bathroom project can be a lot of work, but it's worth it to create a bathroom that you love. By following these steps, you can be sure to create a bathroom that is functional, stylish, and within your budget.
- Set your goals and priorities. What do you want to achieve with your bathroom renovation? Do you want to make it more functional, stylish, or both? Once you know your goals, you can start to prioritise your needs. For example, if you have a family with young children, you might need to prioritise storage and safety.
- Measure your bathroom. This will help you determine the size and layout of your new bathroom. You'll also need to measure the existing fixtures and appliances so you can replace them with the right size.
- Do your research. Once you know what you want, it's time to start researching products and materials. There are many different options available, so take your time and compare prices and features.
- Get quotes! Once you've chosen your products and materials, it's time to get quotes from contractors and for the products you want to buy. This will help you get an idea of the cost of your renovation. Speak to one of our Bathroom Showroom experts and they can help you!
- Get permits and approvals. Depending on the extent of your renovation, you may need to get permits and approvals from your local government.
- Create a timeline and budget. Once you have all of the information, you can create a timeline and budget for your renovation. This will help you stay on track and avoid overspending.
- Hire a contractor or do it yourself. If you're not comfortable doing the renovation yourself, you can hire a contractor. Be sure to get references and check their credentials before hiring anyone.
- Enjoy your new bathroom! Once your renovation is complete, sit back and enjoy your new bathroom.
Here are some additional tips for planning your bathroom project:
- Consider the flow of traffic in your bathroom. Where do you need to walk to get from one fixture to another?
- Make sure there is enough storage space for all of your bathroom essentials.
- If you have a small bathroom, choose light colours and reflective surfaces to make it feel larger.
- Use durable materials that are easy to clean and maintain.
- Don't forget the details! Choose stylish faucets, showerheads, and other fixtures to complete the look of your bathroom.
Don’t forget, our Bathroom Showrooms have a wide range of displays and products on show to inspire you too! Along with our friendly experts, we can help guide you throughout the whole project, to help take the stress away!