We at RGB are meeting on a very regular basis to discuss the fast-changing Coronavirus situation and how we deal with it in order to provide the best service to you.
We aim to take a common sense approach to reduce the impact of the virus on our customers and our staff as much as possible.
Some of the actions we have taken are:
To minimise the potential for introducing or passing on infection by:
- Limiting visits to RGB branches by RGB staff and suppliers to essential visits only
- Enhancing our cleaning regimes in areas where contact with physical items is necessary
- Educating staff to thoroughly wash hands regularly and providing the means to do so
- Educating staff to maintain a safe 'social distance' and avoid physical contact wherever possible
- Introducing the ability for those staff who are able to work from home to do so
- Introducing web conferencing to ensure communication can continue when face to face meetings are not necessary or possible
To ensure RGB can maintain a future level of service by:
- Assessing minimum staff levels required to keep individual branches open and operating
- Drawing up plans to maintain those minimum staff levels wherever possible
- Drawing up contingency plans to provide a reduced but continued service should staffing levels fall below the minimum
- Ensuring that relationships are maintained and our customers are supported in the hope that through working together we are all stronger after this pandemic crisis than before
- Maintaining engagement with our Suppliers to monitor our Supply Chain to minimise any unavoidable disruption
- Continually reviewing our contingency plans in line with government guidelines
To ensure our staff welfare is not forgotten by:
- Acknowledging that our staff have families, childcare issues and people who depend on them and making allowances for this
- Introducing an enhanced support network for staff who are alone or vulnerable
- Allowing staff who are unable to take their pre-booked holiday to take this holiday at a later date
We all know that there are testing times ahead, but we hope to keep you up to date with our thoughts, so as to keep you informed and supported.